Healthy Oat Slice are my alternative to nut bars, especially for my kid’s school snacks.
As most schools are now nut free it’s not possible to pack snacks containing nuts as per the NSW Government rules.
For this reason, I make healthy snacks with oats and choc chips and reduce the sugar by using natural honey or maple syrup.
This Healthy Oat Slice can be made in batches and individually wrapped and placed in the freezer to last you weeks.
A convenient healthy snack to grab and go, and perfect for any lunch box.
Healthy Oat Slice
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 choc chips of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line a medium-sized slice tray with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, and mix.
- Press mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with choc chips.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until golden.
- Discover The Purest Co: A Company Dedicated to Natural and Transparent Health and Wellness Superfoods
- Rewards for Achieving your Goals: Importance of Rewarding Yourself After Completing your Goals
- Lifestyle Changes for Weight Loss: Important Strategies to Implement
- Post-Workout Protein Snacks: Delicious Post-Workout Protein Snacks, Perfect for Meal Prep
- Importance of Protein for Weight Loss: Why Protein is Important and Why you Need it in Your Diet